A skilled database administrator is the key to successfully implementing and maintaining a highly available SQL Server database. This instructor-led consulting, coaching, training and mentoring program is specifically designed for senior database administrators responsible for designing, implementing and managing a SQL Server Always On Availability Group.
You will learn:
- – Fundamentals of Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC) – the underlying platform that makes SQL Server Always On Availability Group possible – from the external dependencies like Active Directory and DNS to quorum and cluster configuration
- – Designing and implementing a Windows Server Failover Cluster to meet both high availability and disaster recovery requirements
- – Designing and implementing common topologies of SQL Server Always On Availability Group solutions for a single- or multi-data center deployments
- – Leveraging additional SQL Server Always On Availability Group capabilities such as readable secondary replicas, backup preferences, distributed availability groups and basic availability groups
- – Managing and monitoring SQL Server Always On Availability Group implementations
- – Effective troubleshooting of availability issues for both the Windows Server Failover Cluster and the SQL Server Always On Availability Group
About your coach/mentor: Edwin M Sarmiento is a 12-time former Microsoft Data Platform MVP and Microsoft Certified Master from Ottawa, Canada specializing in high availability, disaster recovery and system infrastructures. He is very passionate about technology but has interests in music, professional and organizational development, leadership and management matters when not working with databases.of the training class now available.
SQL Server Always On Availability Groups: The Senior DBA’s Ultimate Field Guide - April 2020